Monday, July 26, 2010

Art 111 journal entry #4

These photos represent a narrative from my life about how I developed an interest in art. A small explanation may be required. The first picture is of my grandfather and me. My grandfather was a salty old retired submarine captain. I used to enjoy hearing his old sea stories when I was young, which probably influenced my decision to join the navy after high school (coincidentally enough, onboard submarines) This allowed me to travel and see much of the world. One time, while we were in port in Toulon, France; I took a week of leave and traveled to Paris. I saw lots of amazing things there, ate great food, drank great wine and had an all around great time. Most memorable, however was my trip to the Louvre. I was overwhelmed the enormity and beauty of their collections. It sparked an interest that continues today.





No comments: